Just found this article below at Timesonline here,
1. Do you ever worry that you drink too much?
2. Have friends or family expressed concern about you about your drinking habits?
3. Do you find you can drink a lot without becoming drunk?
4. Do you need to drink more to have the same effect?
5. Have you tried to stop drinking, but found that you were unable to for more than a few days?
6. Do you carry on drinking even though it is interfering with your work, family or relationships?
7. Do you need a drink to start the day?
8. Do you get shaky, sweaty or anxious a few hours after your last drink?
9. Have you experienced blanks in your memory, where you cant remember what happened for a period of hours or days?
10. Is your judgement affected by alcohol, so that you do things that you normally wouldnt, such as starting fights or arguments, having unprotected sex with strangers or becoming violent.
If you answer yes to more than three of these questions, it is indicator of alcohol misuse.
If you’re worried you may be suffering from alcoholism, have a problem with alcohol or just want to cut down your intake visit your GP or for help, support and further information contact one of the following organisations:
Offering support, information and meetings for people who have a problem with alcohol
The national agency on alcohol misuse, providing information and support
Practical advice for people with alcohol problems, their friends and their relatives. Including a directory of rehab centres.