Police across the country are alerting british landlords to the fact that Cannabis is increasingly being grown in rented properties. Apparently Cannabis growers are taking advantage of the property slump and renting properties at the lower end of the market to set up Cannabis factories.
This is a growing problem in areas where rental properties are cheap.
Found these useful tips on how to spot a cannabis factory
The following tips may help people identify a cannabis factory:· The windows of the property are permanently covered from the inside
· Visits to the property occur at unusual times of the day or night
· People often do not live in the premises and only visit to maintain them
· There may be a vent protruding through the roof or a rear window
· There may be a pungent smell coming from the premises
· There may be noise coming from the equipment, such as cooling fans
· A large amount of pots and lights may be moved into the premises when the factory is set up
· In terraced houses, shared walls may appear wet to the touch
· Large amounts of soil and pots in back gardens