Drug testing often raises as many questions as it resolves. Here is a list of the most common queries we receive.
- Are the drug tests accurate ~ instant drug tests are very accurate with between 97-99% accuracy compared to lab drug test proceedures
- How sensitive are the drug tests ~ there is variation between brands but all test to tiny concentration levels ng/ml nanogrammes/ ml
- How long do drug tests detect for ~ see our drug test detection times section, again brands and types vary
- Will medications affect the result ~ possibly, the manufacturer will have a list of cross reacting substances available
- What is best, urine or saliva drug tests ~ urine drug test detection times are longer, but saliva is easier to collect
- What is chain of custody ~ the proceedure followed in collecting and testing the sample ensuring it’s fresh, unadulerated and from the person you think.
- Should instant drug tests be confirmed ~ only where a positive indicator is shown, all suspected positive detections need confirmation
- What is the standard employment combination drug test ~ cannabis, cocaine, opiates, amphetamine & methamphetamine
- Does drinking massive amounts work ~ only in the few hours around when the result would be turning negative anyway
For a more comprehensive guide to drug testing visit UKDrugTesting.co.uk