There are many advantages to doing your drug and alcohol screening in house as it can save your company a lot of time and money. Staff do not need to attend a testing centre which keeps costs down and time away from work to a minimum.
Here are 5 quick tips to help you get started
- Be prepared-make sure that you have everything in place before you begin. It is advisable to have a drug and alcohol policy for your workplace, in place before you start testing. You will also need consent forms, onsite drug testing kits, and ideally a lab chain of custody confirmation drug test pack.
- Make sure you have a clear protocol to work to and decide who is going to do the testing, and that you have a clear management plan for any non negative results.
- You will only need to confirm non negative results
- Make sure that you have the ability to confirm any non negative results obtained with onsite drug testing kits with a laboratory chain of custody confirmation test. Best to have at least one of these onsite when you begin testing.
- Keep clear records of all results & ideally have everything witnessed
UK Drug Testing is one of the longest established drug and alcohol testing companies in the UK and are a leading supplier of drug and alcohol testing kits to businesses and employers.
Visit UK Drug Testing for more information on starting drug and alcohol testing in the workplace or telephone us on 01263 731 168 during office hours Monday to Friday 8.30 to 4pm