Urine drug testing is still by far the most popular choice for most individuals or companies wanting to perform a drug test.
Why is urine drug testing still so popular ?
- It is the cheapest way to test for drugs use
- Urine drug testing is very quick & easy to do and gives results immediately
- The result from a urine drug test is easy to interpret
- Urine drug testing kits are highly accurate when compared to GCMS
- Urine drug testing kits are very reliable
- Urine drug testing kits offer a long detection period compared to saliva drug testing.
- The range of drugs that can be tested for currently is much larger than with saliva drug testing
- There are internationally agreed cut off levels for the detection of most drugs in urine
Are there any disadvantages to urine drug testing ?
- It does involve handling urine samples which can be off putting to some-although if you use an integrated drug testing cup the urine handling is kept to a minimum
- Observing sample collection is difficult so confidence in the urine sample is not as high as with a saliva drug test